Why Small Business SEO is Key in Your Local Marketing in Kentucky:
Local business SEO has become a necessary part of a company’s plan to expand their business and compete with neighboring businesses. More often than not a customer will go online to search for a product or business instead of using more traditional directories. It is easier, faster, filtered down to relevant search results according to his current location and provides more information. With a few keystrokes you get information about a specific company in your radius, products and services it provides, reviews of their products and services, store location , areas served and a map with directions to get there.
When customers search online for a business or information, they usually decide which business to patronize based on location. Local search engine optimization helps customers narrow their search to what is accessible in their area such as Kentucky.
- Enter a location – city, state, or zip code – and the type of information or product you are looking for and you will get a map with businesses in your area. It is obvious how optimizing for your area in Kentucky becomes important in competing with neighboring businesses and to your success. If your site is not listed on the first few pages or in the google-map 3 pack when a customer is searching in Kentucky for your product, there is little chance they will find you.
- Use your keywords and location liberally, but naturally, in your content throughout your website. This makes it easy for search engines to associate your pages with a specific area.
- Be involved with your community as much as possible. Doing so will increase your visibility, grow your brand name and improve SEO. You can do this by supporting local charitable groups, fundraising and other community activities. You might even get some local press coverage, local seo citations which will highlight your presence and relevance to the community.
Guide for Local SEO for Small Businesses
Claim And Optimize Your Google My Business Profile
One of the simplest things you can do to improve your local SEO is claiming your Google My Business profile. This is a business listing that shows up for local searches. You need to have a physical location and street address (not a P.O. box) to set up or claim a listing. Optimizing this profile with category, contact information, images and business hours gives a big boost in local search. Make sure that you check all categories that correspond to your business for increased exposure. Most business owners fall into the trap just to check one category.
Increase Visibility And Reach Of Your Website In Your Services Area By Local SEO
This is not a complete local seo checklist of local optimization strategies, but they are important strategies. If you make local seo marketing a part of your advertising and marketing campaign and learn how to improve seo for website, you will quickly increase your traffic and prominence in your targeted area in Kentucky.
Why Do Local SEO? To Get More Visibility, More Leads and More Business!
- Small Business SEO Kentucky
- Dental SEO Services Lexington-Fayette
- Local SEO Marketing Louisville
- Chiropractor SEO Expert Owensboro